We have a fantastic opportunity for a fixed term, Teacher to join our team based in central Christchurch. In this role, you will be responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere, extending excellent customer service to members, students and the wider Christchurch community. You will also enjoy the variety this role offers being able to teach at all levels of French to all ages and to promote French culture. You need to be available for 32 hours per week, which includes 20-24 teaching hours. Some of the teaching hours will be from 6pm-8pm, Monday – Thursday. The position is to cover for a period of parental leave for an employee currently holding this position. The incumbent is expected to return from leave on 17 December 2023, after which your employment will end.
Key responsibilities include :
– Plan and deliver French lessons, at all levels and to all ages, to a high standard.
– Develop the curricula and create new course offerings
– Assist in the promulgation of French language and culture, and other objectives of Alliance Française Christchurch.
Alliance Française is a worldwide network of non-profit associations dedicated to the promotion of the French language and the culture of Francophone countries around the world. Founded in 1959, Alliance Francaise Christchurch prides itself on a tradition of excellence in French language tuition and promotion of cultural activities. Find out more from our website at www.afchristchurch.org.nz
You are confident, highly organised and can manage detail, and you will be at ease dealing with our internal and external stakeholders in an approachable and professional manner. Whilst you may not possess a significant teaching background, you are keen to develop your teaching skills further, and a desire to work with young children is a plus. You demonstrate self-motivation, flexibility to work well in a team environment, a high level of customer service and can work independently.
Qualifications and Language Requirements :
– Having a Master’s degree in Teaching French as a foreign language (FLE) or equivalent qualification in teaching is essential.
– You are a French native speaker and fluent in English (B2 level)
– You are also a New Zealand resident or have a valid New Zealand work visa, and ideally hold a valid driver’s license.
Send your CV and covering letter in French.
Please note : we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.