Training teachers in the specific subject matter and maintaining teaching consistency using the SABIS® methodologies and systems. Analysing results to identify weakness within the subject matter and areas where teachers need to improve.
Key Responsibilities :
– Managing a teacher substitution for absent staff to ensure that classes are being taught according to the lesson plans
– Checking SABIS® AMS results and analysing students’ performance, following-up on failed concepts and any errors that may have occurred during the testing sessions
– Conducting class observations on a daily basis to ensure that the SABIS® point system is being applied as well as providing feedback to the teachers on their performance
– Meeting with the relevant staff to check on students’ progress and develop action plans to improve results further
– Following up on teachers’ complaints with the AQC and or School Director
– Assigning marking and managing timetables for teachers in order to ensure an equal distribution of workload
– Ensuring that all teaching materials (pacing charts, sample questions, basic questions, lesson plans, exam TTs etc…) are available for teacher usage
– Conducting the performance appraisals of the teachers in coordination with the AQC(s), developing and following up on improvement plans
– Reviewing and/or suggesting the teachers’ classroom assignment at the beginning of the year for the different classes in order to make sure we have the most suitable teacher in each section
– Conducting teacher training workshops to improve their subject knowledge and teaching methods for specific concepts while using the SABIS® system
– Providing feedback to the regional centre on pacing charts, exams, curriculum etc.
– Organizing and managing in coordination with AQCs and SLC the academic support sessions for the academically weak students
– Ensuring that all teachers are following the pacing charts in a timely manner and developing action plans for those who are falling behind
– Ensuring that all classrooms displays, corridors are well kept , updated and appropriate
– Ensuring that students receive their exam schedules, revision material, SABIS® AMS , periodic and final study list as per the pacing chart
– Submitting weekly report to the School Director and AQC regarding the teachers’ performance
– Planning periodic exams schedules in conjunction with AQCs and the Regional Centre to ensure all exams are being conducted in the appropriate timings and the right frequency
– Performing such other related tasks or projects as they arise and as delegated by the SABIS® school management.
SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
For more information about the SABIS® Network, visit > www.sabis.net
– Bachelor degree in French with a masters in Education
– Good command of English is a must
– Highly competitive in written and spoken French is a must
– Minimum 3 years (is preferred but not a must) SABIS® experience
Submit your resume by email indicating "French Coordinator" in the Subject Line.