Starting in July 2023, we have a fantastic opportunity for a full time, permanent role of Manager Alliance Française Christchurch (working proficiency in both French and English) to lead our team based in central Christchurch.
With the support of the Executive Committee, this role is pivotal to our success and takes overall responsibility for the day to day leadership and management of the staff, students, members, facilities and activities of Alliance Française Christchurch ; the second biggest Alliance Française in New Zealand. We have ambitious plans to grow student and member numbers, so this role provides the vision for growth and action plans to achieve it, with the support of the President and the Executive Committee.
Key responsibilities include :
– Provide oversight and strategy to all staff to achieve AFC’s goals after consultation with the President and the Executive Committee
– Develop and manage all AFC staff – teachers, administrative support, interns
– Plan, organise and oversee the implementation of the activities of AFC which include :
– > French Language classes and workshops
– > A diverse programme of Social and Cultural activities
– Responsible for the marketing and communications of AFC to drive sustained increases in student and member numbers
– Raise the profile of AFC, via the effective promotion of the language and cultural activities, fostering links with businesses and French diplomatic circles, developing partnerships with educational and cultural organisations
Manage administration and financial matters ; including developing policy and procedures, budgeting and financial planning
– Take responsibility for the health and safety of AFC staff and customers by maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
Alliance Française is a worldwide network of non-profit associations dedicated to the promotion of the French language and the culture of Francophone countries around the world. Founded in 1959, Alliance Francaise Christchurch (AFC) prides itself on a tradition of excellence in French language tuition and promotion of cultural activities. Find out more from our website at www.afchristchurch.org.nz
You are a confident, highly organised leader who is totally at ease wearing the different hats this varied role requires (people management, marketing and communications, finance, events organisation etc). You have proven skills in managing relationships at all levels with diplomacy and professionalism. You have an approachable, unflappable and entrepreneurial disposition that puts both customers and colleagues at ease and builds great morale. You lead by example, demonstrating personal drive & motivation, flexibility, attention to detail, excellent customer service and plenty of common sense ; if you don’t know the answer, you take the initiative to draw support from those with the specialist knowledge to help you.
– Relevant experience of leading a business unit and team highly desired.
– Working proficiency in French and English
– Demonstrated ability to lead a team ; recruit, manage talent effectively
– Highly organised & detail orientated with sound financial acumen
– Excellent customer service, marketing and communication skills
– Proactive and have proven effective networking skills
– You possess a valid driver’s license
Send your CV and covering letter by email.
AFC is currently applying to become an Accredited Employer, so if you think you have the skills and knowledge we are seeking, are intending to move to Christchurch however do not yet have a work visa, we also welcome your application.