Détails du poste en anglais ci-dessous :
• This post is for 26 hours of work per week. Normal working hours are Monday to Saturday (Mon-Fri from 8.30 am to 4.30pm and on Sat from 8.30 to 1.00pm) with a half hour lunch break.
• Teaching small groups of pupils (mainly Sixth Formers) to select, research and prepare appropriate topics for speaking exams in the required foreign language (general discussions, role play, debates, analysis of newspaper/internet articles, helping pupils to prepare short presentations in the required foreign language, helping pupils to prepare their chosen oral examination topic etc…).
• Teaching speaking skills to ensure impressive levels of vocabulary, accurate grammar, correct pronunciation and intonation, leading to high levels of fluency, spontaneity and confidence.
• Helping Sixth Form pupils with essay preparation when required : topical issues, helping with structure and vocabulary/idiom, preparing lists of useful phrases.
• With Under School pupils (Year 9-11), practising conversation/role plays for the (i)GCSE oral examination.
• Developing appropriate teaching resources for all classes taught (select, record, and collate appropriate listening and reading resources from newspapers, magazines, and the Internet.
• Reporting to and liaising with the Head of Language to ensure that appropriate resources are chosen.
• Assessing pupil progress in accordance with departmental and school policies, and liaising with the Head of Department, teachers and tutors to ensure that pupil progression is carefully monitored.
• Promoting the required foreign language and MFL via vibrant displays in teaching rooms, and by contributing to or promoting extra-curricular activities such as themed speaker meetings, clubs/society, weekly debating and book/cinema clubs as well as helping with the both foreign language plays and annual debating competitions.
• Attending and contributing to departmental meetings.
• Meeting the needs of students with Special Educational Needs as well as offering guidance to gifted and talented pupils.
• Offering guidance for the supplementary personal study (reading, cinema, art, theatre or research for any other subject related project).
Charterhouse est une des grandes écoles secondaires privées et historiques d’Angleterre. Le mieux est de visiter son site internet pour se faire une idée...
• Native speaker of the required culture(s)/language and interest in current affairs of the relevant foreign societies.
• Some awareness of the curriculum relating to IGCSE and A-level French
• Some awareness of differentiated teaching to take account of varying ability levels, prior knowledge, baseline data, and any relevant learning support issues.
Skills required :
• Confident and accurate oral and written ability in the required foreign language
• Proven communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of literacy, attention to detail and ability to use initiative
• Committed to continual personal and professional development
• High order administrative skills, effectively manages commitments and deadlines
• ICT competence and willingness to learn and use new technologies, notably for the use of interactive boards (training will be provided by HoD).
• Works collaboratively and supportively with colleagues.
Person specification :
• A capacity to inspire pupils of all abilities, helping pupils to make progress in oral language skills.
• Energy and commitment.
• Confidence, tenacity, flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to work constructively in partnership with MFL teachers, and also able to work independently.
• Empathy for pupils, parents, staff and the wider community.
• Respects and values the different experiences, ideas and backgrounds others can bring to work and to teams.
• A sense of humour and can-do attitude.
Envoyer une lettre de motivation par e-mail adressé à Nick Budden, Head of French, et accompagné des pièces suivantes :
Un CV complet
une photo récente
Précisions importantes concernant ce poste :
le français doit être la langue maternelle du candidat
un passport européen est requis
un niveau d’anglais suffisant permettant de se débrouiller dans la vie de tous les jours est nécessaire.