The post represents an exciting and unique opportunity for a candidate with the ability to deliver high quality language teaching from beginner to advanced levels in French for undergraduate and postgraduate students. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the further development of language teaching and learning resources, including e-learning and web-based provision, and to the administration of quality assurance procedures. Contact teaching hours will normally be 15 to 18 hours per week.
Main duties and responsibilities :
• To prepare and deliver high quality language teaching, from beginner to advanced levels for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
• To prepare and administer relevant examinations
• To contribute to module and curriculum development and design, including the management of modules where appropriate.
• To support and comply with the University’s teaching quality assurance standards and procedures.
• To contribute to non-credit bearing and informal language instruction activities, as required
• To convene modules and contribute to the creation of related assessments and administration.
• To undertake administrative work/management functions as required and to generally assist with the efficient and effective completion of the work of the School and the University. This may include participation in relevant teams and working groups.
• To liaise, as appropriate, with academic and administrative colleagues in Nottingham, UK.
• To take part in and contribute to staff development activities consistent with continuing professional development.
• To ensure compliance with health and safety requirements in all aspects of work.
• Any other duties appropriate to the post.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
1. Degree in a relevant subject
2. An ability to teach French language from beginner to advanced levels ;
Effective communication and presentation skills in English ; Use of IT for teaching and administration ;
3. Experience of language teaching at degree level in an English-speaking institution.
4. Ability to work effectively in a team ; Ability to complete administrative duties and other tasks effectively to deadlines.
1. Language teaching qualification ; Postgraduate certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education or equivalent ; Academic postgraduate qualification
2. Experience in use of digital language lab facilities ;
Experience in use of virtual learning environments such as Moodle.
3. Experience of curriculum development, assessment design and the collaboration in teaching and learning programmes ;
Experience of working in an international and/or multicultural setting.
Send your application by email - please quote : "ref. 180360".
Informal enquiries regarding this vacancy may be addressed to Penelope Franco Estrada, Director of the Language Centre > firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted).